Bedside Tables in Steel and Reclaimed Wood

I recently finished these two bedside tables in industrial style, mixing a sharp square tubular steel structure with the warmth of reclaimed wood -two old boards of pine for the tops and shelves and two solid beech drawers salvaged from a small vintage desk.

I have opted for leaving a natural finish, rather light, in all the wooden surfaces to get a nice contrast against the raw steel. The result is an elegant, modern looking pair of side tables that still manage to retain a rustic touch.

Measures: 30 x 28cm, 57,5cm high.

Some pictures taken during the making process: Sanding the old boards of pine, and making the biscuit joints
Once joined, I cut the surfaces to measure...
... and rounded the edges. Then it was the turn for the drawers: they also got sanded and cut to measure.
I used old nails to attach the backs back, just like in the old times. Then I secured the surfaces to the bespoke steel structures.
Attaching the drawers -and last but not least, sealing it all with clear varnish. I also polished the wooden surfaces to get a smooth, satin finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment