Vintage Tennis Racket Mirror



I have been wanting to make this since I first saw a similar idea on the internet -so, when I found this gorgeous vintage tennis racket from the late 50s at an antiques shop I knew exactly what to do with it!

The idea is pretty straight forward, and the result rather cute. Check the self-explanatory pictures if you want to give it a go yourself! (although, I must say, cutting the mirror to fit into the irregular shape plus sanding the edges is not that easy if one has no experience in these matters..)

Measures: 23cm at its widest point, 69cm long
The vintage racket and the piece of mirror, just cut to measure - the other pic shows a newspaper from 1936, The Montreal Gazette, with an ad on 'Blue Streak' tennis rackets.. the trademark is a long-stablished one!

No comments:

Post a Comment