Brown foulard


Remember that first foulard made in July? Well, here it comes the second round at playing with the sewing machine... again it is a present, and again I couldn't get off the hook with colour or stitching because it wouldn't suit the lady receiver.
You surely won't be able to tell from the terrible pictures, but the colours of this one are shades of brown: dark chocolate (stitches) on 'caffè latte' (the material).


Still, staying in a harmonious range of colours doesn't have to be boring! I decided to liven up the browns by sewing different kinds of buttons here and there, to accentuate certain parts of the design. They also give 'weigh' to the fabric when worn, making it dangle nicely from the shoulders...









One more detail that I hope it contributes to set this piece far from boring is the trim- intentionally shabby, but also with flounces and tiny buttons to give the 'chic' touch.


Also, to add up to the fun, the design is different on both ends of the foulard. I don't like symmetry, me. Not always. Not here, anyway. I wanted to achieve a sober-yet-non-stiff result... accomplished? Let's see what the birthday lady says.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment