Wooden crate turned into coffee table

A customer brought this wooden crate that a friend had decorated and offered the her as a gift. She liked it a lot, but wanted to make a better use for it and asked me to turn it into a small coffee table, adding the casters she already had purchased: Now, this is what I call a quick, straight forward commission!

I just had to strengthen the now base of the crate to ensure a good fastening of the crates, order a cut-to-measure glass top and secure it to the top surface (which was a little uneven)... And voilà!


A couple of pictures of the making: I selected two salvaged strips of pine wood (that used to be part of an old window frame) from my scrap wood collection because they had the same off-white tone as the painted flower on the side of the crate -even if they wouldn't be seen much once the box was turned upside-down... I like to pay attention to small details like that. I sanded & cut them to measure, secured them to the former handles of the crate to strengthen its structure, and fastened the crates at their ends.
The next picture shows the placing of the glass top -this was a little tricky because the surface was not even, but thanks to a level tool and silicone drops the problem was finally solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment