Shabby Chic Rococo Mirror

There was this impressive round mirror, from the 60s but in French Rococo style. It had an outer frame ornated with leaves and flowers, and an inner one with a sting of small balls.
It would have been out of my reach, but I was able to get it because the  outer frame was partially broken, here and there...
So I broke it a little bit more, till I got a crested frame! It wasn't perfect, but I liked it that way, 'cause I had no intention to hide the origin of its shape.
Then, it was the colour: a kind of mustard yellow with golden accents, covered with a dark patina. Maybe in vogue by the time it was made, but certanly too heavy -and even a tad gloomy- for today. So I painted it with a gorgeous creamy white, then distressed it to partially uncover the golden bits and some darker corners.
Now all the shapes and nooks stand out, and it is a stricking shabby chic piece!

It measures 60cm high, and the diameter of the mirror is 36cm.








Here below: two views of the mirror, prior its transformation (hanging in the wall of the workshop a couple of months ago, before I opened it to the public).

No comments:

Post a Comment