Storage Stool


This cute fellow is one of the furniture pieces comissioned as part of the living room decoration project that I just finished. The room needed more movable seats and all the storaging space possible, as it is rather small -so the solution came by building up a stool on wheels with enough storage space as to keep a couple of big snuggle-on-the-couch blankets. The whole piece measures 36x36 cm, 47cm high.


Originally it was a simple wooden crate that I got from a thrift store. It was nice and sturdy, I just sanded it thoroughtly to smooth the surfaces and give it a proper clean up.


Then I made a lid to fit on top, following the design of simple, clean lines with rounded edges,
and sewed a cushion with a black 'envelope cover' that fastens to the lid with an elastic band.

The wheels are vintage ones recovered from a small (horrendous) 70's tv table. They are in tip-top condition and pretty strong despite their size, so perfect for this little project.
I am already 'signing' the pieces I make, because the brand and the website will be fully operative soon -in the month of March, I hope... ex-ci-ting!!

2 comments:

  1. Me gusta mucho todo lo que has hecho en el piso de Mathilde y estoy segura que tendras muchos clientes.Que tenga suerte.

    Odile Latry, madre de Mathilde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci beaucoup, Odile! ça me touche au coeur, vraîment.
    Un abrazo,
    Clara

    ReplyDelete