Embroided foulard


It had to happen. Finally, I've set my hands on a sewing machine.... but using it to make cushions left me with an 'empty' feeling.
Not creative enough; I needed to see if I could 'draw' with my new toy machine! So back in June I came up with this playful design: a foulard all covered in whirly stitches.

As the material is similar to that in teeshirts, I used a stretch stitch. This makes a funny pattern and gives a puffy look to the garment, like in quilts.

Now, this is more like it: I've had fun and I guess I'll be sewing more items in this way... probably using more colour next time (this one was going to be a birthday present, and what suited the girl's style was a soft calm piece). We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Muy bonito. El color de verdad de la tela, es rosa palo? y el resultado final no se puede estirar del todo, o es una impresión? En cualquier caso, creo que esta línea debe ser explorada, me parece que tiene muuuuuuuuchas posibilidades, tij.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no es rosa palo- es una especie de gris 'cálido' que no sé cómo describir y que desde luego mi cámara tampoco. En fin.
    Y bueno, se estira tanto como una camiseta se pueda estirar, el tipo de tela es muy similar, aunque bastante más suave. Estas puntadas no apelmazan, están bien para 'jugar'y liarla sobre la tela :º)

    ReplyDelete